Sunday, June 10, 2012

Rain - or lack thereof...

It has been a long time since we've seen rain.  It seems like forever.  I took this photo last March as I drove home from Tucson.  Unfortunately, I only got to look at the storm.  Raindrops never came my way.  And now that the temperatures have soared here in the desert I am craving rain.  I can't wait for the first big thunderstorm where I will sit on the back porch and listen to the thunder boom and watch the wind have it's way with the trees.
I now work on the 6th floor of a building that is all windows.  It's very hard to concentrate when the storms begin to blow in. To heck with the programming, let's watch the clouds!  We probably won't get any storms until the end of July.  Hopefully I'll get a little taste of rain when we travel up to the Colorado high country later this month.  Thunder there is phenomenal as it echoes around the mountain sides.
Meanwhile I torture myself with these storm photos, trying to conjure up the smell of rain in the desert (ahhhh, creosote), feel the excitement of the electricity in the air, watching lightning zot down to the earth.  Soon, soon. 


No comments:

Post a Comment