Sunday, October 28, 2012

Colors of Fall





Here in the low desert we don't get a huge amount of fall color.  Things start to look a little less crispy and begin to green up a little in the cooler temperatures.  It's time to plant petunias, marigolds and other fall flowers.  Yes, I know easterners think petunias are a spring plant - but here we plant them in October.  They don't like the heat very much, though with enough daily water they can survive it.  This year though, I did get a taste of fall color.  I visited my brother and his family in Tennessee just as the colors began changing.  So not the full blast of yellows, reds and oranges... but a taste nonetheless.
One little red tree amongst the green.
Yellow just starting to show around the edges.
Reflections give me a bit more color.
And a last bit of red and orange...

Beautiful, but we have our own color here in the desert...
Reds, greens and blues...


Yellows and more blues...
And golds...



No comments:

Post a Comment