Saturday, December 1, 2012

Winter in the Desert


Two years ago, or was it three, I spent the day at a rugby festival held locally.  My daughter and I and the occasional rugby boy manned the T-shirt booth all day.  It was COLD!  We were both in multiple layers, gloves, hats... she melted my fleece gloves getting too close to the propane heater.  This year is a completely different story.  It's a beautiful morning.  I'm not at the rugby fest...though it's going on today.  That's my boy in blue in the photo.  Rugby is a wonderful sport if you haven't ever seen it.  Once you get the hang of the rules it's great!  But not for today... we have other plans.

 I've been outside admiring my salad greens growing on the front porch, petunias of deep midnight purple and burgundy on the back porch and the orange bell peppers ripening on the bush in my garden.  T-shirt weather.  T-shirt and shorts and bare feet weather.  I love it.  Mooch has grabbed "the kitty chair" in my bedroom and is taking his morning bath prior to a long nap.  Peaceful day.  It's a day for a good long book read on the back porch but I think it will end up being a day of shopping, putting up a christmas tree and baking (there's a birthday going on tomorrow!)

May your Saturday be as peaceful as I feel right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment